Teaching at JH Classical Academy
Fall 2019 will mark our measured expansion from K-10 into high school with the addition of 11th grade. A new facility is being planned that would double our capacity in 3-4 years. In anticipation of future growth, we do encourage excellent teachers seeking positions other than those currently open to begin a dialogue with us now.
At Jackson Hole Classical Academy high expectations are set for students, and teachers provide a high level of support. Similarly, we expect our teachers to embrace an ethic of personal and professional growth, and leadership equips them with nationally recognized mentors and classical training. Teachers serve as models, guides, and mentors to help students reach their potential.
The curriculum of JH Classical Academy focuses upon Western Civilization and embraces the Christian heritage that is foundational to American democracy. The Academy seeks teachers who long to participate in the renewal of education and, through it, the renewing of American culture. Our teachers challenge the mind and the heart of students, instilling within them a love for what is true and beautiful and a desire to pursue lives of virtue.
Jackson Hole, gateway to both Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park, is visually stunning and offers an unsurpassed quality of life. Weekend and summer recreation opportunities abound. The attractiveness of Jackson makes housing difficult to find; we do assist incoming teachers in that search.
Teaching positions include full medical, vision and dental insurance. Housing stipend. Nine weeks vacation per year. IRA matching after one year.
If you would like to be considered for a teaching position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
along with a completed teacher application.
Math Teacher / Accounting
Director of School Operations
Jackson Hole Classical Academy seeks a part-time/full-time Physical Science and Math teacher for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Bachelor degree required
- Ideal teachers must be proficient in Math (Algebra and Calculus).
- For full time employment twenty hours will be in the Budget/Accounting Office.
- Ideal candidates will be gifted and versatile teachers who are familiar with classical content and pedagogy. JH Classical Academy pursues skilled teachers who love their subjects and their students and are familiar with classical content and methods
For 8 years, Jackson Hole Classical Academy has been cultivating within its students the
wisdom and virtue necessary to discover their God-given potential and contribute to
a flourishing and free society. The liberal arts curriculum at JH Classical Academy is challenging and rich. Our students study the core disciplines of mathematics, literature, history, science, and Latin. Students also work through a structured physical education program to develop the body in concert with the mind and soul. Students experience what is beautiful by having the opportunity to practice the fine arts and performing arts of music, drawing, painting, poetry, and drama.
The School has been steadily growing in Wyoming’s beautiful Teton Valley and is now in the midst of building a new campus this summer. We are looking for a leader who shares our mission of providing a great education and has the versatile skill set required to help guide us into the future.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of School Operations (DSO) is a leadership role that oversees all operations functions necessary to run a high-performing school. This includes ensuring day-to-day smooth operations of the school, human resource administration, assisting the Director of Finance in budgeting, purchasing, facilities, food services, transportation, technology, student recruitment, student data, regulatory compliance, human resource administration, and academic operations support. The DSO serves as a key member of the school’s Leadership Team, ensures that the school’s operations meet high standards of operational excellence, and enables instructional leaders and staff to focus on driving strong student achievement outcomes. Duties include, but are not limited to:
School Operations Leadership
- In partnership with the Head of School and the CFO, develops the school-wide operations vision that support the academic and cultural vision of the school
- Plays a leadership role in the school’s strategic, annual planning and budgeting process
- Hires, manages, coaches, and develops school operations team members (including front office staff and other campus operations staff) and holds them accountable to goals and outcomes
- Captures, monitors and uses data for decision making and communication of clear objectives and improvement plans
- Payroll and Benefits management
- State Regulatory and Tax compliance
- Managing Healthcare insurance including staff needs and working with provider
- Partners with Head of School on new hire process (e.g. new hire offer letters, onboarding-issue keys, computers, etc.)
- Ensures that school staff have complete, current, and accurate employee files and certifications; all personnel interacting with students have background checks on file; and schools comply with all areas of legal compliance (e.g. HR, FERPA, etc.)
- Tracks faculty experience, degrees, PTO and sick days
- Completes the exit process for terminating employees
- Oversees facility issues, including maintenance, managing staff/vendors, and cleanliness of grounds and buildings
- Regularly conducts facilities walkthroughs and liaises with custodial staff, maintenance staff, and vendors to ensure that the facility looks the best it can
- Ensures that the main office is neat, organized, welcoming and has all important parent facing materials
- Oversees Kitchen Staff
- Manages Furniture, Equipment and Fixtures inventory
- Ensures that the school is prepared for emergencies by training staff, planning and prevention
- Work as liaison between the Schools 3rd party IT contractor to onboard new faculty and solve technology issues
- Ensures that students and staff have access to needed technology and works with Schools 3rd party IT contractor to plan technology related enhancements
- Leads the school opening/start up process each year to ensure that doors are ready to open by ordering furniture, equipment, instructional supplies, and ensuring that student services (e.g. food service, transportation) are ready to go
Finance & Purchasing
- Manages the school purchasing process by establishing clear systems for staff to request items, placing orders with vendors, tracking delivery, and coding and submitting purchase orders, invoices, and reimbursement requests; approves school purchases under a specific financial threshold
- Supports Admissions with Tuition Assistance Accounting
- Coordinates with the Director of Finance relevant to budget preparation
- 3 to 7 years of work experience, preferably in education and/or business or operations management
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills (e.g. >2 years managing a team or many large projects)
- Strong project and time management skills; ability to effectively backwards plan, juggle multiple priorities with great attention to detail, and deliver consistent and timely results
- Strong strategic and analytical skills with an aptitude for shifting from fire-fighting to systems-building
- Sense of humility, customer service mindset, and shows urgency and the ability to proactively solve problems and make decisions quickly
- Team player with strong interpersonal and stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Ability to lead, influence, and hold others accountable to high standards of operational excellence
- High level of comfort with financial oversight and budgetary tracking
- Ability to stay calm under pressure, especially in difficult conversations with parents and staff
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, and Google Suite
- Desire to continuously learn and increase effectiveness as a professional
- Unwavering commitment to Jackson Hole Classical Academy’s mission and willingness to go above and beyond to meet the needs of students, families, and staff